Be a hero, help the Humane Society of Amherst County help our animals!
You can make a donation:
– in memory of a loved one who cared deeply for animals
– in memory of a special pet
All donations are tax deductible. We have many naming opportunities available for rooms, kennels or programs.
There are many ways to help:
~Make an online monetary donation: it’s fast, easy, and secure.
Use our PayPal secure gateway (you need not have a PayPal account, you can help us with any major credit card). Your donation is tax deductible.
~Mail us a check made payable to HSAC. Thank You!
P.O. Box 614
Amherst, VA 24521
(or bring it by the shelter)
~Contribute food, gear, and/or materials.
- Purina Kitten Chow
- PuppyChow Brand food
- Copier Paper
- Postage Stamps
- Scotch Tape rolls
- Laundry detergent
- Dishwasher detergent (liquid)
- Liquid dish soap
- Bathroom disinfectant cleanser
- Kitty litter (clay and scoop-able)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Gift cards to WalMart, PetSmart or Sam’s Club
- Puppy training pads
- Interactive cat/dog toys
- 6-8 foot dog leashes
- Good quality adjustable dog collars
- Dog crates and wire cages
- Kitten supplement milk in cans
- 13 gallon & 33 gallon bags
- GAS CARDS – our animal transport takes adoptable animals to rescues in New Jersey every week
~Other Way to Contribute
Consider remembering the Humane Society of Amherst County in your will, and know that you are providing for homeless animals for many years to come.
We can apply donations to any of our programs; vet care and spay/neuter are the most popular. You can also sponsor a pet.